[time-nuts] FE5680A Calibration

Chris Stake stake at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 14 20:25:42 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,
Thanks for pointing-out the noisy output of the FE5680A. I'll probably try
to lock a crystal oscillator to it.
Unfortunately I don't have a suitable counter.
I was hoping I could use some sort of higher frequency standard but I
confess I had not really grasped the fact that the unit may well be within
millihertz of the nominal frequency: too delicate to twiddle with anything
other than precision equipment and long timebases.
Kind regards
Chris