[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project?

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Mar 14 22:26:28 UTC 2012

All very nice, but if this change renders all existing receivers useless.
How does that improve things?

All it does is wipe out all the existing phase tracking infrastructure.

The only benefit is to the government who can reuse the WWVB transmitter
and frequency allocation. Everybody else will have to buy new stuff.

Sounds a lot like HDTV fiasco. Making jobs (in China or Korea) by making
scrap.

YMMV,

-John

> Dear Time-Nuts,
>

>> I sure would like a WWVB BPSK receiver for the new modulation. (..)
>>
>> I'm sure in time there will be plenty of low cost ICs designed to
>> receive the

[SNIP}