[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project?

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Mar 15 03:53:21 UTC 2012

  I know I am not one of the good-ole-boys here but I'd say go 100% SDR with your PC without an external
A/D converter. Ok, how would you do this?  You use under sampling.
Many A/D converter systems use a sample and hold before the A/D converter.
If you do the same before your sound card (your A/D converter) and drive the S&H with an audio output from your sound
card, say at 6.1 kHz you would get a 1 kHz signal into your sound card to process. You can call it under sampling
aliasing or whatever.
  By the way Ten Tec patented an under sampling scheme many years ago when they started into the SDR
business.