[time-nuts] broadband MPX signal stereo

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Thu Mar 15 21:08:12 UTC 2012

Yes, there is people who have what in the past was expensive test equipment
and now can be bought by 1/10 of the original price. The problem is that
you need someone who can record 2 seconds of a signal that is slightly
beyond the actual sound card sampling capability. A signal that you can
have by simply tuning your radio and hooking directly to the FM
discriminator output. This signal is available virtually all over the
world. AFAIK there was in the past no expensive test equipment that can
sample and record a file. Now there are: the R&S SMBV100 can sample and
play any signal upto 3GHz with the full options fitted and the companion
recorder/player for 200K euros, the file produced are not PC compatible, of
course.