[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 04:41:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> http://dttsp.sourceforge.net/
>>

> documentation for dttsp is less than wonderful
>
>  http://www.oz9aec.net/index.**php/gnu-radio/grc-examples<http://www.oz9aec.net/index.php/gnu-radio/grc-examples>
>>

> seems to be a bit more diverse usage for gnuradio, so more examples and
> documentation

dttsp has by far the larger in-use user based because it is the engine used
by PowerSDR by Flex Radio.  It is also used by the HPSDR group.  See these
links
http://www.flex-radio.com/
http://openhpsdr.org/

But you are right in that using dttsp is something that might take a long
tome to learn.   The above user group tends to have many "appliance users"
and a few programers so learning is not so much of an issue

GNU Radio is popular in Universities where as soon as something works they
toss it out.   It's quite a bit easier to program or if you like there is
GRC that allows visual programming.    I think this is better because it
allows a wider number of people to contribute.

My suggestion to use a platform where these two libraries run was really to
say that you should not write this on bare hardware.  It's a good way to
paint yourself into a corner and have to start over to add some new feature
we can't think of today.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California