[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Sun Mar 18 12:47:45 UTC 2012

Poul-Henning Kamp schrieb:
 > In message <4F64F279.4040208 at arcor.de>, ehydra writes:
 >> Marek Peca schrieb:
 >
 >>> This was almost the only reason for ferrite rod -- simplicity and
 >>> attenuation of TVs, some LCDs, 50Hz etc.
 >> If you make the antenna about 10x bigger you can omit the whole
ferrite.

 > I have used two antennas, an unloade air-coil, actually plastic-lid-coil:
 >
 > 	http://phk.freebsd.dk/loran-c/Antenna/

Yeah. I remember the red.

The degaussing coil of old TVs can work. Some resonate at 50KHz which is
a little low but it depends on the manufacturer. So try it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Amplifiers.pdf

 > In my implementation, it covered DC to 200MHz until I low-pass'ed it.

His designs are always a good source but this one is AC-coupled ;-)

A CD4069 is all one needs for first experiments. I was satisfied.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info