[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Mar 19 07:44:10 UTC 2012

In message <4F669A4D.3010303 at lazygranch.com>, gary writes:

>DC in a transformer raises the low frequency corner a bit. Obviously not
>a problem in your case.

I just double-checked, because that rang a bell.  I did reinstate
the capacitors as 2.2uF films in the final article for exactly that
reason.

As for gain, I have never missed any, I get a good healthy signal,
even though I do live in the middle of a pop 30k city.

>I should point out that every active device Lankford puts in the signal
>chain [...]

Why are you talking about Lankford at this point ?

What I built was Fig 5 from this:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Amplifiers.pdf

I realize that Chris Trask started out from Lankfords design, but I don't
think it is fair to attribute the Fig 5 schematic to Lankford any more.

There's a picture of my implementation here:

http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/ChrisTraskAntenna.jpg

I feed it 15 volts on the twinax pair, pull that out of the toroids
centertap, regulated it with a 12V 3-terminal.

You can see the prototype in the top right corner.