[time-nuts] Glonass satellites numbering

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Mar 19 20:27:27 UTC 2012

Hi Geraldo,

I have a GLONASS receiver running here in Seattle. Over the
days I see 24 different SV. Based on $GLGSA messages the
SV numbers appear to range from 65 to 88, inclusive. Here is
a plot showing how often the receiver uses each one of the SV
in the timing solution:
www.leapsecond.com/pages/glonass/glonass-sv-24.gif

Whether all receivers use the same numbering I can't say.

/tvb

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geraldo Lino de Campos" <geraldo at decampos.net>
To: <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 11:53 AM
Subject: [time-nuts] Glonass satellites numbering

The NOTEs GPS-Glonass receiver shows the satellite´s number. In a certain
instance, numbers 71, 76, 86 and 87. However, NASA shows in

http://ilrs.gsfc.nasa.gov/satellite_missions/list_of_satellites/g125_general.html

that satellites 71 and 76 (in western numbering) were withdrawn in 1995! Is
there a different numbering system?
Geraldo
geraldo at decampos.net