[time-nuts] Anyone familiar with SR-620 repair?

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Sat Mar 24 03:53:07 UTC 2012

Prior to emission or IR microscope technology, liquid crystals was how you found hotspots on ICs. I've done this with a goop that you dispense with a syringe.

One trick to make this more sensitive is you bring a soldering iron close to the  liquid crystals. Not so close as to cause a change, but you get them closer to the phase change point.