[time-nuts] Racal OCXO Option 04E

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Sat Mar 24 07:36:03 UTC 2012

ABC Electronics (unknown to me) has listed on eBay as Item 330706988007
seven Racal 9462 P/N 454879 Rev A ocxo supplied by Racal as Option 04E.
The seller describes these as 5 MHz but the picture shows the Racal
frequency doubler board on the end of the ocxo can so the output is
actually 10 MHz, as used on Racal 1992 and 1999 (and, other) counters.

Several on the list here have inquired about this ocxo and wondered how
to get one as a replacement part. Here is an opportunity to purchase
just the ocxo.

I have no connection to the seller and am just reporting the offering.

This is the High Stability option for numerous Racal counters, the best
performing ocxo Racal offered. It has COARSE and FINE frequency
adjustments under access screws from the rear panel of the counters. It
is an easy drop-in replacement for Racal Option 04A and 04C, both far
inferior to Option 04E.

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)