[time-nuts] Red Box T'bolt (was: Trimble T'Bolt)

gonzo . cadbloke at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:39:56 UTC 2012

Hi All,
I purchased one of these "red box" t'bolt from this Israeli seller and it arrived a couple of days ago.
I can confirm it has the Trimble labeled OXCO and firmware FW2.12.
Also interesting is that it seems to run happily with the supply backed off to 17V.

I've taken some pics with the boards spread out and uploaded them to Didiers site.
The file is called RedBoxThunderbolt.pdf and should be available shortly.

As with many things found on fleabay, a gamble is involved. In this case it seems to have paid off.

Is it possible (and is there any benefit) in updating the firmware?

cheers,
ian