[time-nuts] TBolt-PRS10

Jürg Kögel j.koegel5 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:22:31 UTC 2012

Having a M12+Timing GPS driving the 1 Hz input of my PRS10. I decided
to upgrade my house referenc switching to a Tbolt as the 1 Hz source.
First I did some time analysis using my HP 5372A controlled by my FTS
4060 Cesium standard that I did turn on beam current  three days ago
to allow it to settle. Tests showed maximum deviation of 2 nsec with
the Tbolt over  1000 seconds and 63 nsec with the GPS (20 nsec with
Sawtooth Correction)  Again 1000 seconds.  Plot's are available but
exceed attachment size.
The output of the PRS10 in turn disciplines an Oscilloquartz 8600.

Here are my questions:
Are 2 nsec acceptable for a Tbolt
What should the Tbolt loop time be for this application
What should the loop time be for the PRS10
What is the long term performance of the Tbolt and what is the
contribution due to the GPS signal.
What is the resolution of the Tbolt detecting and correcting the 1 pps
and is it done by changing the OCXO frequency for short periods. My
tests show a slight change.
Does any one have a similar setup using a Tbolt and 1 pps input to a
PRS10  and experience to share.
Thanks for any help.

Juerg