[time-nuts] Distribution amp - Use a video amp unit ?

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Mon Mar 26 00:35:32 UTC 2012

I forgot to mention that those old jedec part numbers specify a package
and electrical limit under one part number. That is, you can't find say
a 1n914 in SMD, but you can find direct equivalents with other numbers.
You will find supply houses listing SMD versions of jedec parts, but
technically that is not correct.

Anyway, there are probably direct electrical versions of the 2n3904 and
2n3906. For example MMBT3904.

I assume when ICs hit the market the idea of making the package be a
suffix evolved rather than making the die and package be one specific
number.