[time-nuts] More Racal 9462 OCXO

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Wed Mar 28 07:48:54 UTC 2012

The same seller, ABC Electronics, has just listed six more Racal 9462
ocxo (Option 04E) as eBay Item 330709090416 as single-piece Buy-It-Now.
The previous lot sold quickly. Despite the description, I believe these
are really 10 MHz output because of the frequency doubler board seen on
the end of the ocxo can in the offering picture; I can't guarantee that
but I think that is the case. I don't need another of these so I have
not bought any myself.

I believe this seller offered previously a large lot of non-working
Racal 1992 counters that did not sell. These ocxo are likely removed
from that lot to recover their value.

If you have a Racal 1991, 1992, 1999 or similar counter with Option 04A,
04C or 04T, the 9462 provided as Option 04E is vastly superior; so far
as I know, only the 9462 has both COARSE and FINE frequency adjustment
screws.

Again, I don't know this seller and I'm only reporting the listing.

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)