[time-nuts] thunderbolt "no UTC offset"

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 10:41:50 UTC 2012

I think the tbolt may need to go through two 12.5 minute almanac cycles before it updates/outputs all its data...

The first thing to do to improve performance is to run the "&a" oscillator autotune command.  This will determine the correct osc gain and initial DAC settings.  It will also set the TC and damping values and the antenna elevation and signal level filter values.  Before running the "&a" command you should set the antenna elevation filter to a low value,  clear the signal level history,  and let the unit collect signal data for a few hours.  That way it can determine the angle where your antenna begins to lose data.

The other thing to do is to run the 48 hour precision antenna position survey.

Finally,  you may want to implement the active temperature control.