[time-nuts] Interesting paper: Don't GPSD' your Rb...

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Thu May 3 22:20:36 UTC 2012

At the risk of over simplifying it: Doesn't it all always depend on the loop
BW you pick?

Inside the loop BW you see the noise of the loop's reference. Outside the
loop BW you see the free running noise of the oscillator.
At and around the loop's corner frequency you see a combination of both.
The choice of loop BW depends on what Tau you want
and what grade of Rb you are trying to improve.

But as PHK said, the article was a bit thin on details.

-Brian, WA1ZMS