[time-nuts] Interesting paper: Don't GPSD' your Rb...

ws at Yahoo warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 18:02:12 UTC 2012

Poul

I agree, 1PPS from many GPS engines, if sawtooth correction is not used, can
add all sorts of errors like hanging bridges.
Some can sound really bad, like non zero bias over short or very long time
periods and 12 ns of early or late wonder.
It's interesting to talk about these problems, But from a practical point
you do not need to fix them, because all these errors are small compared to
what the errors are from the received GPS signal including it's short term
wonder and long term near 12 and 24 hour cycles due to satellite orbits
cycles.

If you want something without the1 PPS problems, can use an optimized tuned
Tbolt.

ws

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp"