[time-nuts] wwvb weak on east coast especially when the pre-amps under wa...

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 15 07:06:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 14 May 2012 19:01:55 -0400 (EDT)
GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:

> I can't remember now exactly what this stuff was called, but it  was
> readily available in the UK from both RS and Farnell as an aerosol plastic  spray
> that provided a good barrier but was a bit more flexible than the  usual MOD
> spec conformal coatings.
> It melted easily under a soldering iron, albeit with a foul  pong:-), so
> reworking was no problem, and resisted moisture remarkably  well.....

Do you mean "Plastik 70" or "Urethan 71" from Kontakt Chemie?

At least that's what we use when we do not have high requirements.
For implants we usually use a parylene coating, which does a very
good job in keeping the moisture out that the epoxy lets trough.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin