[time-nuts] Impedance measurement fitting algorithm

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Wed May 23 18:12:41 UTC 2012

Hi time-nuts!

If I remember correctly here was a discussion about an older HP
impedance measurement equipment. The one which is able to calculate a 6
ideal parts replacement circuit for the measured passive device.

How does is it works? I would like to fit parts for simulation in SPICE.
So I need something like a algorithm to fit for minimum error a input
table with complex numbers (frequency-sweep) to this 6 part circuit. For
example the universal capacitor component in LTspice is able to hold RLC
and even XTAL data and more like residual current for electrolytics.

Any ideas?

Thanks -
Henry

--