[time-nuts] Sulzer 5A & 5P PSU/battery question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:21:11 UTC 2012

Nimh is indeed the answer to replacing nicads but they are not inexpensive.
The other thing is that the energy densities have gone up over the years so
you can use a smaller footprint. But you have to check the charge rates.
Typically .1c for slow.

I have old nicads from HP that indeed still work pretty well after 30
years. The modern batteries will last 5. Could be lots of reasons. But
thats what I see. Whatever you do, don't buy nicads they are still sold.
Issue is they have been on the shelf for a long time and are a waste of
money.
Regards
Paul