[time-nuts] For my whole life timezones have been weird

Sarah White kuzetsa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:32:28 UTC 2012

On 11/3/2012 8:02 AM, Edgardo Molina wrote:
> Dear Sarah,
>
> Good morning. I just returned home from a long and difficult customer data center migration. I thought of sharing that I feel the same way as you do regarding your thread. Things should always behave like a Mac or Linux, in which if there is a glitch, the OS responsible party jumps into scene with a solution. Not the way it happens and builds your frustration with Windows.
>
> Food for thought, just an example of someone supporting their OS user base on a similar topic. To err is human, to fix the errors should also be: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24568?viewlocale=en_US
>
> Cheers,
>

> Edgardo Molina
> Dirección IPTEL

Microsoft puts out timezone updates too. The difference is, apple's
version of the same doesn't adjust the hardware clock.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Time#Time_standard

The "localtime" standard is what I'm wanting to get away from.
Unfortunately, on windows there is no way to do this and still display
the local time correctly.

--Sarah