[time-nuts] getting a grip on 10811 drift (beginner-ish question)

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Mon Nov 5 21:52:53 UTC 2012

On 11/5/2012 3:16 PM, Richard H McCorkle wrote:

>    The EFC specs on a 10811 are a frequency change of > 1 Hz over
> a –5v to +5v EFC span or a sensitivity of roughly 1e-8 per volt
> (varies widely up to about 3e-8 / volt on some units) so you can
> get a ballpark idea of the age rate by looking at the EFC voltage
> change over 24-hour periods.

I have been running it continuously for quite a while.  I fired it up
from cold start early this year and have had it running almost
continuously, just a few power cycles in that time.

Over the period of three weeks ending today the control
voltage has move approximately 1 volt.

That fits within your 0.05 volts per day.

Thanks to everyone. Lots of interesting and helpful information.

Chris Howard