[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Thu Nov 8 22:55:20 UTC 2012

I've done lots of disassembly and strongly prefer an interactive disassembler.
The reason is that code frequently combines tables and instructions and if you
just try to straight disassemble you will get large sections of nonsense which
even extend beyond the data due to multiple byte instructions vs the data
boundary.  More advanced disassemblers can also be told what compiler produced
the code (guess until it looks best) and give you C code mixed in where it can
figure it out.  Doing this right isn't a trivial task.