[time-nuts] eBay Ublox

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 08:17:40 UTC 2012

Thanks to the folk here for pointing out the ublox receivers.  I managed to
get one off eBay for ~US $30 with antenna on a board designed for hobbyists
with 3.3V serial and PPS outputs (I needed to add one wire for that) which
feed directly into a Raspberry Pi.  It's still to be completed, but the
serial 9600 baud and PPS outputs appear to be spot on.  My early notes are
here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html#serial

I'm intending to use a second Raspberry Pi with the ublox NEO-6M, but I
don't expect to see any significant difference (at the microsecond level)
between it and the Trimble module I'm already using.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk