[time-nuts] HP Z3801A and Tac 32

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Nov 11 14:38:58 UTC 2012

Hi

Unless the software has changed a lot, Tac32 will monitor the GPS card in the 3801, but not the 3801. The back of a normal 3801 gets it's data from the disciplining CPU and not from the GPS.

You have a couple choices:

1) Modify the 3801 to bring out the wires from the GPS card
2) Switch to one of the free programs that monitor the 3801

Keep in mind that the 3801 needs some jumpers changed to talk RS-232.

Lots of info at:

http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm

Bob