[time-nuts] Inexpensive modular gps with 1pps

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 16 01:10:45 UTC 2012

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> Big enough that Synergy & Garmin have pricing for anywhere from 1 to  1000
> units

I don't know of any GPS units with PPS that are both low cost and no
soldering.

There are several low cost units that come in a nice small package.  But you
can't just plug them into your PC.  You have to provide power and add a
connector.  There are quite a few more units if you don't need a nice package.

There are several no-soldering packages.  I haven't seen one that is low cost.

There are many low cost GPS devices that use USB without any soldering.  They
don't have PPS.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.