[time-nuts] Warning if buying from directly from Agilent via eBay with Paypal.

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Nov 18 01:59:43 UTC 2012

On 18 November 2012 01:04, Kevin Rosenberg <kevin at rosenberg.net> wrote:
> agilentused also wanted me to use PayPal. I used two transactions. The first for the item and the second for software options. I would have also preferred credit card for the cash back, but agilentused wanted PayPal.
>
> Kevin

I recently bought another VNA (HP 8720D) from a test equipent dealer
in the USA. That was $16000. The dealer would accept wire, Paypal or
credit card, but wanted to add a surcharge for both Paypal and credit
card. It was intersting he wanted less for Paypal than he did for a
credit card.

I was initiallly a bit worried about wiring the money, but I'd
satisfied myself he was a legit dealer when I spoke to a test
equipment dealer in the UK, who confirmed the price I got was very
good, and the dealer was reputable. So I wired the money, and saved
myself a few percent. That transaction was relatively painless.

I think if I buy anything else from "agilentused", I'll just phone
Agilent UK and ask to pay for it that way. A person I spoke to in
Agilent said that would be fine.

Dave.