[time-nuts] Wanted - AN/URQ-10 manual

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:17:38 UTC 2012

Goodness FORTH and a R1051. Who would have thought.
I am a big fan of forth also. Loved the way you could extend the
dictionary. Plus it ran like a bat out of heck fast. Like you I went
through ETA school as the second class to be trained on the 1051. At
$27,000 each did not think I would ever own one.
I do have a operational 1051 purchased many years after leaving the service
from Fair Radio and a RT-918 all operational. Though the RT918 was a
serious $25 basket case from the air force.
DDS for the 1051. I have often thought about that. Today they are so cheap
that you could build a composite unit or 3 or so separate ones for the
translatersyn. What will drive me to do that is the pesky aging crystals
that I have already had to deal with on the RT918. To keep this in a
time-nuts spirit, they all run on the RB reference or the GPS reference.
See back to time-nuts.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL