[time-nuts] pulse height

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 20:36:02 UTC 2012

Didier,

Oh, ok that makes sense, but that is a non-standard output, so not sure
that you want to use such an output as a sample case for generic applications.
 Alternatively maybe rename the page to "Trimble CMOS-output Coax Cable
Impedance  Matching" to make that clear.

It would be better to put a 45 Ohms series resistor in that system to give
you a 50 Ohms standard output, and redo the tests.

BTW: we have had to put up with that (in my opinion) stupid output
impedance, on our Mini-JLT boards we are also driving the 1PPS with very low
impedance to be compatible to the discontinued Mini-T.

I wish Trimble had heard of incident-wave switching when they designed all
of their units, and used a proper 50 Ohms output impedance.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/26/2012 11:12:32 Pacific Standard Time,