[time-nuts] Best phase detector / mixer for 100MHz?

Support HpW-Works.com support at hpw-works.com
Fri Nov 30 07:44:12 UTC 2012

Bill,

>> One way to avoid the problem in the 1/f noise region is to avoid it.
>> Mix down to a few kHz and analyze you signal

This is a good point! Using my SW (www.hpw-works.com) simple set the x-scaling to a
center frequency & bandwidth of your choice with enough space in the lower region.
This is implemented out of the box. It's like a measurement using the d-jitter but
with a costume center frequency. See also the pictures on my homepage with zooming
into the 0.005 Hz region using a large sample size.

Required is that the source oscillators are stable...

Hanspeter