[time-nuts] Best counter setting for ADEV?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 19:39:37 UTC 2012

Yes, very easy:

1) calibrate the internal 100MHz vectron OCXO using a small screwdriver,
this is not really critical though as the unit does not really function as a
frequency counter.

2) Calibrate the power supplies for proper voltages if necessary with same
screwdriver, I found that is really not necessary usually

3) Auto-calibrate all the timing circuits using the built-in  calibration
feature and two external SMA cables, and two SMA shorts. The button  to do
that is on the front panel, and the unit does not have to be opened for  this.

You can also use their VISI application to do some more intensive
long-term-averaging calibrations that are started via GPIB commands.

There are user/service manuals floating around the web.

Item 3) above is really the only thing that needs to be done from time to
time I think.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/2/2012 12:30:34 Pacific Daylight Time,