[time-nuts] Best counter setting for ADEV?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:50:12 UTC 2012

No,  the Thunderbolt does it and it works beatutifully.   The GPS receiver clock is derived from the 10 MHz oscillator.  Voila,  no messy sawtooth corrections to deal with.

The Thunderbolt is a VERY user/hacker friendly design.  Even if I were silly enough to build my own GPSDO,  I'd still use a Thunderbolt as a base.   It has the EFC dac,  phase comparator, and temperature monitoring already implemented.  Plus no sawtooth correction crap to handle.   You can control the DAC manually and implement your own control loop.   Opps,  siilly me,  been there,  done that.   Lady Heather does have an implementation of an alternate disciplining algorithm in it.