[time-nuts] GPS splitter measurements

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 12 00:25:02 UTC 2012

The HP / Symmetricom 58536A has a gain spec of 0 +-3 db so something is
clearly wrong.  Did you power it through a spare port?  Also, the
isolation spec is 26 db @ L1.  The 50 db spec is for L1 +- 40 MHz.

I looked inside mine and found that there's an input filter(-1db), 21 db
amp, 4 way resistive splitter(-12db), output filter(-4db), and 4 db
pad.  That matches your measurement of 28 db isolation - no power is
required for that.

Ed