[time-nuts] RasberryPi, timing and GPS receivers

xaos at darksmile.net xaos at darksmile.net
Tue Oct 16 22:54:07 UTC 2012

Annoyance with small Linux boards:

My single biggest annoyance is that
all the I/O connectors are coming out from
all 4 directions.

What I mean is this:

It would be nice to have ethernet+LEDs+USB+VGA(HDMI)
come out from one side, and Power/I/O/RS232
from the opposite side.

This way if I make a case I only need
to worry about what is coming out of the
Ethernet side.

The RPI has ethernet+usb on one side and HDMI from another.
How do you make a decent case with only one side open?
It is impossible.

If they only had the HDMI on a header so I can break it out.
Same for audio/USB

-George