[time-nuts] HP8720C manuals?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 17 23:33:30 UTC 2012

On 10/17/12 3:35 PM, David Kirkby wrote:
> On 17 October 2012 20:35, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

Someone found the manual I needed (see the other posts).. it was on that
general website but not linked from anywhere...

> Another place to get information, is asking on the Agilent VNA forums.
>
> http://www.home.agilent.com/owc_discussions/category.jspa?categoryID=32
>
> There are several, one of which is devoted to programming.
>
> http://www.home.agilent.com/owc_discussions/forum.jspa?forumID=73

useful.

> I'm just in the process of writing  some code to drag data off the
> 8720D. It's written for the National Instruments GP-IB board, and Ive
> only compiled it under Solaris, though I expect it would compile under
> Linux with no problem. It uses the standard

Mine is in Python using the Prologix Ethernet/GPIB widget. But same
general objective.. drag down data and dump it in a standard file format
that can be ingested by other programs.

There's several QB4.5 examples out there too.. It should be
straightforward to cobble something up..