[time-nuts] HP Z3805A com port and monitoring questions

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Thu Oct 18 03:33:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 03:15:53PM -0700, Said Jackson wrote:

> I believe Edgardo bought the reprogrammed 58503A unit (was a Z3805A
> before) from Ebay.
>

> I have the same units recently purchased from yinxhu(sp?) on Ebay and
> Edgardo just confirmed these are indeed 16 channel units with true 10811
> Docxos.

	I just bought one from yinuxhk based on your comments last
weekend and it arrived today.

	Has one RS-232 port and two 10 MHz and two PPS.  XLR 24 volt
power connector. Made in Korea, marked HP Z3805A std.

	In very good shape. Seems like almost new old stock.  HP DOCXO.

	Seems rather old based on serial number, serial is 3625Axxxxx
which would be 1996 if IIRC.

	I'm pretty sure what Edgardo bought exactly.

	Are yours this exact version and what age are they (from the
serial number) ?

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in