[time-nuts] Followup (still want a GPS-type NTP refclock)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 18 07:33:43 UTC 2012

kuzetsa at gmail.com said:
> And that's with a $6 navigation GPS thingy (USB puck-type NMEA-only)

Where did you get one for $6?  What make/model/brand?

> That's navigation... Timing mode only needs "1 satellite lock" after all,
> and I suspect I will at minimum be able to get needed "1 satellite lock"
> with nearly any active GPS antenna.

Timing mode also needs special firmware.  I haven't seen any of the low cost
units that come with timing mode.

Does anybody have a favorite low cost timing mode unit?  How about one with
minimal soldering required?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.