[time-nuts] HP 10811 Tuning Diode

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Sat Oct 20 00:09:53 UTC 2012

Back in the dark ages while dinosaurs roamed the earth, I worked for a music
audio company outside of Seattle, WA called Tapco (they are now Mackie).

They were making PA amplifiers and I and three other people were doing final
test and burn-in.

Had one that had a bit of a 60Hz hum on the output. I took the cover off and
the hum went up. Reached over to grab a scope lead and the hum died back
down.  Turns out one of the plastic transistors had a bubble in the case and
the fluorescent lighting was hitting the junction.

DaveH