[time-nuts] documentation for beginners

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Oct 21 17:00:24 UTC 2012

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:48:43 -0400
Sarah White <kuzetsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would better appreciate that list of information if I confidently /
> specifically knew how to access any of it. Any chance you have links to
> the helpful information-type things you just listed? I feel almost
> insulted by my ignorance right about now :(

Blub... sorry, i didn't think far enough.

KO4BB site can be found at http://ko4bb.com/ it contains lots of information
and tons of manuals related to time-nuts, specifically http://ko4bb.com/Timing/
and http://ko4bb.com/manuals/
The later contains also an asortment of other things than manuals.
Eg Vig's Tutorial:
http://ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=05%29_GPS_Timing/John_Vig_Tutorials_on_Crystal_Oscillators
(The different revisions have slightly different contents, the pdfs are
created from the ppts using libreoffice)

The OCXO comparison table can be found in the mailinglist archives:
http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2012-October/070958.html

For the rest... Well, i don't know where to find that stuff in
a beginner friendly way. I've read a ton of papers, proceedings
and books.. not to mention mails on this list to get even a small
understanding on what is going on in time-nuts land.

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda