[time-nuts] Adjusting HP 5065A frequency

Edgardo Molina xe1xus at amsat.org
Mon Oct 22 03:49:16 UTC 2012

Dear Tom,

Good evening. In relation to your last comments on this and other subjects, I am sharing some thoughts and experience about it. I took the liberty to separate the topics as to ease the interested parties to follow up accordingly. TNX.

a. Information you kindly provided and the index for newbies:

Thank you! You just provided me with lots of new ideas and information on the subject. You have very valuable information in your web site. As Hal was saying, an index should be done anywhere so it could be easier for the rest of us to locate the information. I am planning soon to build a web page for my lab. In english of course for everybody to share my experiences. I could work on an index to point out to the various sources of information and topics that are difficult to find. That I think could expedite things a little bit.

b. Phase Micro steppers:

I saw the phase micro steppers working at CENAM time scale. I was wondering that the technique could be translated to my 5065As and not trying to touch them so often. If I am assuming correctly and the technique could be used with the HP Rb standards. Are those phase micro steppers easy to find? I mean, affordable in the second market? If there is one of course. I saw the ones used at CENAM are produced by SpectraDynamics in Colorado. According to Mike Lombardi it is a small highly specialized company with a small market to serve. I could translate it as "expensive and exotic"  : ) Am I correct?

c. Thunderbolt and my will to share initial experiences:

I am gathering a lot of information on the Thunderbolts as I am using them in my thesis work. I bought a couple of them. If my information or novice experience with these receivers is good for anybody, I would be more than glad to share it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Edgardo Molina
Dirección IPTEL

www.iptel.net.mx

T : 55 55 55202444
M : 04455 20501854

Piensa en Bits SA de CV

Información anexa:

CONFIDENCIALIDAD DE INFORMACION

Este mensaje tiene carácter confidencial. Si usted no es el destinarario de este mensaje, le suplicamos se lo notifique al remitente mediante un correo electrónico y que borre el presente mensaje y sus anexos de su computadora sin retener una copia de los mismos. Queda estrictamente prohibido copiar este mensaje o hacer usode el para cualquier propósito o divulgar su en forma parcial o total su contenido. Gracias.

NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION

This email is strictly confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please immediately advise the sender by replying to this e-mail and then deleting the message and its attachments from your computer without keeping a copy. It is strictly forbidden to copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any third party. Thank you.