[time-nuts] documentation for beginners (was: Followup (still want a GPS-type NTP refclock))

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 22 05:28:38 UTC 2012

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> BTW, the best time & frequency glossary on the web so far is at:
>     http://tf.nist.gov/general/glossary.htm
> There's also an index at:
>     http://tf.nist.gov/general/enc-index.htm

That's a good example of a point I didn't make last time...

Official sites like NIST usually don't do a good job of linking out to other
sites.  When they do, they often go to official or manufacturers sites rather
than informal/amateur sites.

That's not bad, but it might not help newbies find places like time-nuts when
they are trying to get started.

I should have mentioned that there is nothing wrong with having multiple
FAQ/Wiki sites run by amateurs.  The trick is that they usually cross-link to
each other.  If google (or dumb luck) takes you to one, that usually helps
you find the others.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.