[time-nuts] Neat Mini ovenized vcxo!

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 26 22:18:41 UTC 2012

On 10/26/2012 11:44 PM, cdelect at juno.com wrote:
> Thought I'd repost this with a different subject line as I think more
> members will see it now!
>
> Found this neat mini Ovenized VCXO on the auction site.
>
> Check out  item # 310380778466
>
> and the data sheet at:
> http://www.microcrystal.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?nodeguid=8f7cfa22-c317-
> 41e3-ad42-475b1853f14f

I've used a variant of this one, I haven't checked all the details.
Never the less, it does a good job and many competing products eat the
dust for the size and price.

They are heavier than any competing product in this size I have seen,
but then you have to recall that the AT-cut crystal rod is burried
inside a FR-4 casket giving thermal mass, and this is somewhat floating
from the surrounding metal case. The result being better ability to
handle thermal stress in the form of sudden temperature shifts.

Cheers,
Magnus