[time-nuts] ublox chip sets - what GPS device should I buy?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Sep 1 07:18:57 UTC 2012

On 1 September 2012 02:42, Said Jackson <saidjack at aol.com> wrote:
> You could get our GPSTCXO eval kit.
>
> It has a uBlox gps, supports NMEA GGA and RMC messages, has on-board USB, and outputs a disciplined 10MHz with reasonably good phase noise. Two flies captured in one.
>
> Probably costs only as much as shipping for your analyzer did :)
>
> No idea if it will be compatible to the analyzer though.
>
> Bye,
> Said
>
> Sent from my iPad

I'll ask on the Agilent VNA forum about exactly what is and what is
not going to work with this. If there are better devices than the
Microsoft one which work, then I'd get that.

There's a very knowledgable chap on the VNA forums ("Dr_joel") who
works for Agilent and has just written a book about VNAs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1119979552/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

There does not appear to much that guy does not know about HP/Agilent VNAs.

Dave