[time-nuts] crystal (or MEMS) oscillators with low hysteresis

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Sep 7 20:52:42 UTC 2012

Hi

The crystals in the TCXO's are about as well mounted for hysteresis as you
can practically do for the money. A typical clock oscillator guy does not
worry much about that sort of mounting.

Sorting is going to be a good idea. There are a number of things you likely
will want to weed out. I'd plan on looking at a couple of different
frequencies as well as vendors. Some quality time with a slow ramp / high
data rate test setup should tell you a lot. 100 readings a degree and sub 1
degree per minute is the typical way to do it. Getting your temperature
probe so it doesn't lag can be a hassle even at 1C/ minute

Bob