[time-nuts] Recommendations for a newbie?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 9 11:55:09 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

On 09/09/2012 03:55 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> It would be nice if somebody came up with a fast port adaptation to one of the standard data collection programs.

It would not be all that hard to do an adaptation board which creates a
live USB stream for instance. Either using an FPGA or by using a handful
of "TTL" and a Cypress USB chip.

What you get is the unprocessed hardware time-stamps, but if you add a
driver that does the processing (and the HP5372A Programming manual is
really getting you into the gory details of bits and post-processing!)
then having Timelab do it should not be too hard.

It's on my list of neat things to do, but I have so many other things to
do. If someone tries to do it, let me know.

BTW, I happen to enable the Fast Port on my HP5372A. :)

Cheers,
Magnus