[time-nuts] HP10514B Mixer Terminations

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Sep 9 20:23:50 UTC 2012

On 9 September 2012 18:28, Pascual Arbona <p.arbona at securimar.com> wrote:

>             Hello Brian,
>              I am a radio amateur and and also in the Time nuts list,  At the moment I am planning to bild a DMTD for experimentation. and as you have a nice experience in this field , for me will be very wellcame your help. My ask is ¿whitch is te best temination for the mixer? (FI 10Hz or 100Hz)  ¿what about the amp, limiters and zero crosing detec.)

Mixers should be terminated in 50 Ohms - at least at all frequencies
where there is an output. Someone mentioned minicircuits. They sell
constant impedance filters, where the impedance in the both the
passband and stopband are 50 Ohms. Most filters have a impedance far
away from 50 Ohms in the stopband.

I don't know the details of what you are trying to do, but keep in
mind what I said.

Dave