[time-nuts] Be aware of test equipment seller orzel-enterprises on eBay

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Mon Sep 10 23:11:32 UTC 2012

On 10 September 2012 23:55, Tom Knox <actast at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave;

Hi Tom,

> I would also recommend opening a" Not As Described" through eBay.

I have done.

> Most shippers require a minimum of three inches padding for any claim. Even a rock requires three inches so I am sure a PayPal or ebay dispute will force the seller to make good.

I wish I had your confidence! I can't find anything in their rules
that cover damage caused by inadequate shipping. It seems "buyer
protection" extends to the seller having to pay the original shipping
cost, but not the cost to the buyer of shipping it back. This seems
most unfair to me. It's not a big deal on small light items, but
shipping heavy items internationally is not cheap.

I've also had to pay inport duties and VAT on this, which comes to a
US equivalent of around $220. I doubt I will be able to recover that.

> I that fails many of the part on that generation HPitem are universal and should be easy to locate.

I have offered to accept a partial refund and try to fix it myself,
but he does not want that.

> Good Luck;

Thank you. I might need it.

> Thomas Knox