[time-nuts] HP OCXO in 5016A.....

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Sep 11 22:06:40 UTC 2012

Brian,

Do you have a GPSDO?  If so, with the Loop Open, you can adjust the OCXO to
exactly 5 MHz and watch that it is stable.  Once done, then select Oper and
wait until Beam I and 2nd Harmonic come up.  Then hit the Reset Button and
watch what happens to the 5 MHz, compared to your GPSDO.  If it slews off
frequency, then it shows a signal is getting to the OCXO and, likely, A9 is
OK.  If it stays put, A9 could be a problem.  If the 2nd Harmonic falls when
you turn off MOD, then A7 is likely OK and the problem is more likely in A8.

Also, when you unplug J1 from A7, Beam I and 2nd Harmonic should fall.  If
so, A7, again, is likely OK.

I have also had failures in A14.  Make sure the bulb is not burned out.

Do you have a manual?

Good luck.

Joe