[time-nuts] Fedex Was Be aware of test equipment seller

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed Sep 12 12:53:22 UTC 2012

On 9/11/2012 9:43 PM, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote:
> Given a choice, I always go USPS to my PO Box. It is fast and cheap. The
> PO Box takes a day or two off the delivery and one less carrier to ruin
> the shipment.
I used to do this a lot. Then the USPS delivered one of my packages to
the wrong address. Tracking showed delivered, so I stopped by the
local office. The carrier remembered delivering it to the wrong
address, and the postmaster acknowledged it went to the wrong address.
They could not retrieve the package, as the erroneous recipient
claimed it was stolen after it was delivered.

The posted master wrote me a registered letter stating the error was
their fault, but they would not cover the cost. The seller would not
cover the cost, and my credit card company would not cover the cost.
Seller didn't insure the package.

I had to eat the cost, even though I had proof and a signed letter
stating the error was made by USPS, there was nothing I could do.

I ship stuff UPS ground now.

Dan