[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 17:22:25 UTC 2012

Hi Doug

I have seen comments that the later 8 channel Oncore should work ok, some
of those you'll probably find in the list archives.

I've also seen it claimed that the 8 channel Oncore needs to be configured
in 6 channel compatibility mode in order to work in the Z3801A but other
comments seem to suggest it can be used as a drop in replacement.
Here for example in box at bottom right of page....
_http://www.ka7oei.com/oei_gps.html_ (http://www.ka7oei.com/oei_gps.html)

I haven't got a Z3801A up and running at the moment but if nobody can give
you a definite answer I'd be happy to run one up with an 8 channel Oncore
fitted  and let you know how it goes.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR